Join us! Rio+20: “My Idea of Sustainable Lifestyle”
Rio+20 – the short name for the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development – is an historic opportunity to define pathways to a safer, more equitable, cleaner, greener and more prosperous world for all. It will take place in Brazil on 20-22 June 2012 to mark the 20th anniversary of the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), in Rio de Janeiro.
At the Rio+20 Conference, world leaders, along with thousands of participants from governments, the private sector, NGOs and other groups, will come together to shape how we can reduce poverty, advance social equity and ensure environmental protection on an ever more crowded planet to get to the future we want.
For more information, visit http://www.uncsd2012.org
In relation to Rio+20, we are calling out to all university students to get involved and join us in this new event under AGORAsia series: “My Idea of Sustainable Lifestyle”.
Be creative! Create something, and show it to the world! If your work gets selected, you will get a chance to present and discuss your work in front of the audience in our event!
Your work can be submitted in the following formats:
- Photo (in JPEG, BMP, GIF, or PNG)
- Drawing or painting (either by hand or digitally drawn, in JPEG, BMP, GIF, or PNG)
- Song (in MP3, WAV, or WMA)
- Poetry (in Word)
- Article (in Word)
- Video (in WMV, MPEG, AVI, FLV, or MP4)
- or contact us if you have other type of work that you would like to submit.
Along with the artwork, also write a description of your work and the message that you want to convey to the world.
All the submissions will be screened and if yours get selected, you will get a chance to present and discuss your work live in front of all the audience during the event! You will also receive some tokens of appreciation from UNESCO Jakarta. We will contact the selected participants for more details.
The deadline for submission: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 23:59 PM (GMT+7).
The event “My Idea of Sustainable Lifestyle” will be held on Thursday, June 14, 2012, 13:00 – 14:30 (GMT+7). It will feature Mr. Michele Zaccheo, the Director of United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) Jakarta, and Mr. Edwin Leo Mokodompit, Coordinator of UNESCO Youth Desk as our guest speaker.
TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- One person / one group can only submit one artwork.
- All submitted work must be original and created by you. You need to agree to Creative Common License upon submission.
- For photo / drawing / painting artworks: size of the file should not exceed 4 MB.
- For audio and video artworks:
- Maximum length is 4 minutes.
- If your artwork size is more than 4 MB, you can use 3rd party cyber locker to submit your work to us. We recommend using Sendspace. It is free, require no account registration, and can contain files up to 300 MB for each upload. If you are not familiar with it, click here for information on how to use Sendspace.
- You can also choose to use 3rd party online video server (such as Youtube) to upload your video there.
IMPORTANT for all submission:
Send your work to Marlin Tambowon ( ml.tambowon[at]unesco.org )
Write in your e-mail subject: MISL-[yourname]and include the following detail in your email:
- City and country,
- Link to your artwork (if you use Sendspace or Youtube. If your artwork’s size is less than 4 MB, you can attach it in the email),
- Description of the work,
- Your message to the world.
TO PARTICIPATE IN “My Idea of Sustainable Lifestyle” Event
To attend the event (as audience):
This workshop will be live-streamed and broadcast to our partner networks and universities. For detailed information on how to join, visit http://connectivity.connect-asia.org/connect-to-us/
For further information please contact Marlin Tambowon ( ml.tambowon[at]unesco.org ) or Piska Aprilia ( p.aprilia[at]unesco.org )
Click here to download this event’s leaflet.